Thursday, November 10, 2011

C4K #10 Ms. Yollis' 3rd Grade Class

For C4K #10 we were assigned to thoroughly examine Mr. Yollis' class blog. Mr. Yollis is a third grade teacher in Los Angeles, California. Her class consists of 22 students, 11 boys and 11 girls. Not only is Mrs. Yollis a teacher but, she is also a student. She says in her Meet Mrs. Yollis section in her blog that she recently finished a Master's degree in Integrating Technology in the Classroom.
Mrs. Yollis' blog was a little overwhelming at first because there are so many things to explore! i really enjoyed looking over the section of her blog called Learn About California! In this section of her blog she has a video with a lot of interesting facts about California. I learned a few things that I did not already know! Another section of the blog that I really enjoyed was the section called Learn How to Shoot Great Images! This section has a great video that was made my some of her student's. In the video they demonstrate the do's and do not's about using a camera. Mrs. Yollis also has a page that is called Time Zones of Friends. I LOVE this section of her blog because it lets her students know what time it is where their friends from other classes are. I also love the Learn HTML Code! section of her blog. If I was in her class this section would be very beneficial to me because I can never remember those codes. I was really surprised to see Mrs. Yollis' CLustrMap so full of red dots! They get a ton of visitors from all over the world. I think that it is awesome that they can communicate with so many people through blogging.

clustrmap

No comments:

Post a Comment